Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Roast Chicken

Finished butchering yesterday. And no it's not as much fun as you probably think it is. I now know a few things I'll do different next time, such as, I'll do it at 6 or even 5 weeks. These birds were way big at 7 weeks. Bigger than what we usually buy at the store. Also Gramma usually takes out the backbone before roasting, which seems to allow it to cook more evenly. I remembered this as I was putting the last bird in the freezer. If I did this as I was butchering it would cut the cleaning time by at least half, because the backbone is what all the stuff is stuck to. She did tell me that the one she made last night was the cleanest chicken she ever saw. That made me feel good.
 Getting ready.
 Ready.
Done! Yummo! Turned out really good. Gramma said it tasted better than a store bought one. Tasted like chicken to me. Shows what a discerning palate I have. See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment