Monday, May 14, 2012

Farm Stuff

A beautiful night here. 76 no humidity, no wind, great. Pheasants crowing, cranes hooting, frogs singing, just a good old country night.
 Hay is coming up nicely.
 Started to butcher chickens today. I thought that I could get three done before my back gave out, but I did six. Six more to go,so I should get them done tomorrow. Can't wait to taste them. Then I can move the layers, which is good, because they are getting big.
 Waiting for Red Cow to have her calf. She bagged up just this past week, so it could come anytime.
 Ingrid wanted her picture taken, she's doing her Veronica Lake impression.
 Here's Aksel doing what he likes best. Well he likes this best next nibbling on me and sliming me.
This is what his head looks like when it's not inside a bale. Goofy horse. Ha det bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment