Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Projects

Well, I've been working on some stuff.
 We bought a Gazebo at Fleet Farm. $100 bucks off and we wanted some shade so we could use the deck more. Lots of pieces.
 Made buy some communists overseas, so you can imagine how easy it was to put together.
 I can hear the guy writing the instruction manual laughing and saying how he's putting it to America once again.

 Almost there. I honestly don't know how the average homeowner with no mechanical skills and few tools can do it. If everything fit correctly you could do it with two 10mm wrenches. I had to use bar clamps, c-clamps and a marlin spike. Not everybody has a marlin spike.
 Here it is with the top on. The instructions for the top say.......Install the top.
 We also bought two sun shade curtains, one for the South side and one for the West. I bolted it to the deck, so I don't think it's going anywhere unless we get a tornado and then all bets are off and you can pick up your original wager at the window.


 Here's another project. We got a bale spear for the bobcat that attaches to the bucket. Less than $200.00. The cheapest quick-tach one I can find around here is almost a grand. So we bought a quick-tach plate for less than $200.00 and with my torch, four inch grinder and welder we now have a bale spear attached right to the machine.With it bolted to the bucket, when I put out the big bales for the cows the rear wheels kept coming off the ground and it was not a good feeling tipping like that, especially when taking a bale from on top of the stack. Now it doesn't tip.
And lastly I cleaned out the small part of the coop and divided it, so the meat birds can go in there. Gonna move them this week so we can put the other chicks in a bigger pen. 5 more weeks and I'll start to butcher. Anyone who wants to volunteer to help, you'll be more than welcome. Ta ta.

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice! Where's the picnic table? I anticipate lots of posts with picnic pictures now!

    ReplyDelete