Sunday, January 9, 2011

Doe in the snow

This morning as it was getting light out I went back to the bedroom to get dressed and go do the chores. When I glanced out the bedroom window I saw something was different. There was a doe sleeping and one walking around heading back North deeper into the woods. They don't usually hang around once it gets light.
Can't see the other one cause it moved out of sight before I got the camera.
Here the sun is up, but the doe isn't. I guess she likes to stay in bed late like the FD. :)
You can tell by the short nose that it's most likely a fawn, born last spring. Anyway she stayed there until about 10:00 and then slowly headed North. A couple of years ago we had about 20 deer laying back there in the same spot. Cool huh? I took the last pic through my critter scope, turned out good.

No comments:

Post a Comment