Tuesday, February 11, 2014

BIRTHDAY!

Today is our "FDL's" birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE! You sure picked a good day for it. Our thermometer read 27.9 degrees below zero this morning. Coldest so far this winter. Supposed to warm up now. Yeah right. Anyway, we hope you have a great day and we love you.

Mom and Dad.

In other news, here is the last jar of syrup.
It's sitting next to the one thing that is was made to be put on. ICE CREAM. Not pancakes or waffles or other undeserving foods. Knock, knock you puddin' heads. Oh well, doesn't look right now that there will be any syrup this year. The snow is deeper than last year and I really struggled getting sap at the beginning. I also cook it down with propane and the price of propane has increased fourfold just in the last month due to a shortage and the cold weather this winter. People are having a hard time getting it to heat ther homes. I'll have to look into making a wood boiler. Anywho, that's about it. Be good, be careful, be warm and be sure to stay out of Georgia for the next few days so you don't get caught in the 1" to 2" blizzard.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Thanks for all the syrup this year and guess what, I get to eat it on whatever I choose. That does include ice cream so there you go!

    ReplyDelete