As you all know, deer opener in Minnesota is an important holiday just like fishing opener. Here's some pics from my stand.
That's my food plot just past the birch trees, looking north and a bit east.Mrs. Benson's shed and the hay field to the east.
West toward the house.
Southwest toward the road and the pasture.
This is looking northwest. Neither Ted or I got anything this weekend. All we saw were small ones. The weather was fairly warm, but the wind was horrendous. Deer don't move much in heavy wind. There was very little shooting compared to years past. Very windy again today, so I don't know if I'm going out this evening. Couldn't go this morning cause I had a P.T. (personal torture) appointment. Elbow is getting better everyday. This is the 50th anniversary of my first deer hunt and my first deer. Wow, I'm old. Anyway I hope to get a chance at one and there are 14 more days, so maybe I will. Ted is going to try to get back up a couple more times, although he is a busy guy. Maybe the wind will die down. Cross your fingers, or your legs, or your eyes, or your tees, or your bridges, or whatever it is you cross and wish us luck. Thanks. Later.
GOOD LUCK!!!
ReplyDelete