Sunday and yesterday Gramma and I worked on getting all the bales picked up. Thank goodness she could help or I still wouldn't be done. She hauled them with the truck and trailer and I loaded and unloaded them. We could only do six bales at a time and there were 71, so it took awhile. Next year I will have the hay hauler done and will be able to haul at least eleven at at a time
We put them outside.We put them inside. I'm picking up a hay tarp tomorrow to cover the ones outside. Of course last night at about 2:00 in the morning we had some huge thunder storms. Actually shook the house once. Lots of rain, so now I have to wait for the outside stuff to dry before I can cover it. It' not supposed to rain now for about a week or so, so that will help. Always something.
The new chickens have finally ventured out of the barn. So far what you see in the pic is as far as they have gone. Down to seven now with just one rooster. That's him in the foreground. "Jack". I still pick him up and pet him everyday and I think he likes it. Their peeps are starting to sound more like clucks a little bit and so far none of the other hens has beat anyone up as far as I can tell. In about three months they should be laying eggs. Gramma is collecting eggs for the County Fair this year, so that should be fun. I'm only trying to collect my thoughts, which seems to get harder and harder as the years go by. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment