Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cows

The FD came over the other day cause she thought some of the cows looked too skinny and maybe needed to be wormed. so I took some pics of cow butts for before and after shots. They have been here for four days and have put on weight. I'm not sure you can tell in these pics, but you can really tell when you look at them in person.

Sunny before.
Sunny after.
Honey before.
                                                                    Honey after.  

As I look at these pics I can tell that they don't show the difference, so you'll just have to trust us that it's so. We don't think they were on good pasture and we don't think they had adequate water. When they got here they literally attacked the mineral block, so they obviously didn't have access to salt and minerals either. I think they will do better here on our pasture and they are already starting to look better. On another note, I leave tomorrow afternoon to begin "The Great Swamp Adventure." Hooowheee, she gonna be mighty hot down there y'all. I be sweatin' and smelly, hoo doggies. You'll have to check the Bayou Mommy's blog for updates and I'll write a full report if I ever get back home. Those of who are up this way, check on Gramma for me OK? Love ya all, see ya when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. Cow butts and sweaty, smelly farmers.

    Good post!!

    Kids are waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete