Well I got the hay raked today. I was hoping to start baling this afternoon, but it's just too humid. 93 degrees today. Soon as the dew is off in the morning I'll have to rake it again to fluff it up and then bale it.
I put a bale in the feeder today. We have been hand feeding twice a day since last September when Ingrid foundered. We tape weighed them yesterday and they are both down a hundred pounds from what we got them down to last winter. We think Ingrid's weight is good, but Aksel is a little light. She always pushes him off the hay in the barn. We're going to let them free feed for awhile and check their weight after a couple of bales and see how that goes.
I put more water out for the boys cause it's so hot and it's the only way they can cool themselves. Here's Pinky getting cool.
Here's Perky doing his submarine imitation.
He likes to stick his whole head underwater. No matter how I tried I wasn't fast enough to catch him all the way under. Goofy pig.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hahaha! It's hot here too but I haven't put out a pool for my little pigs yet. I just let them outside when it rains. They call it a 'rain party'!
ReplyDelete