Well the chickens have been out "Free Ranging" for several weeks now and the difference in yolk color is quite amazing. The lighter yolk in the picture is a store egg. Our eggs were this color before we let the girls out. No wonder free range eggs are better for you. More nutritious, 1/3 less cholesterol etc. I didn't mean to break all the yolks, but after I broke one and took pics, it turns out it was easier to see the difference if I broke them all. The difference is greater than the pictures show. Also they taste better. The girls are all grown enough now that I can tell them apart by their combs. So I named them now. Lucy, Ethel, Alice and Crooked Butt. Gramma doesn't like that last name but as you can see it fits. Bye.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment