Saturday, August 25, 2012

The lake, eggs and contest

I went to the lake on Wednesday and came home on Friday. I put four vents in the cabinette to hopefully stop the mildew problem. We would like to put a regular couch back in there, because lawn chairs just don't cut it. Also the last two winters have been hard on the boat launch. there was a log by the shore that the ice has pushed into the shoreline and actually buried into the ground. About three feet of it stuck out into the boat launch. So I had dig it out and dig out rocks so I could cut it off with the chain saw. It was about a foot in diameter. So I didn't even get the boat in until Thursday afternoon. Anyway here's afew pics of the lake for those of you who haven't been there for awhile.
 
This is from where I've been catching fish.
 
 
 
Early morning fog.
 
 
Our place.
 
 
Bucket-O'-Fish.
 
 

 
The new chickens started laying eggs. Small ones of course.
 
  
Here it is in the pan with two regular eggs. One of the hens layed an egg in the hay in the horses bale feeder and I found four today in the barn garbage can on top of the bale twine I throw in there when I put out a bale. Some of them are laying in the nest box, but I think I'm going to leave them in the coop for a few days to see if they all start to lay in the box. Oh yeah, I think I'll put a lid on the garbage can. Now, on to the chicken naming contest. We received ten suggestions so far and since its been over a week I guess there won't be anymore. So we narrowed down to two. We have to decide between the two and Gramma likes one and I like the other. I'll let you know..................Bye.
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment