Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Escape from "The Swamp"

Yesterday in the wee hours of the morning, with the help of an insider, I made my escape. I managed to bring out some pics of the work I was forced to do, so here they are.

 Ready for insulation and sheet rock.
 The outside ready for siding.
 Siding on and partially painted.

 Mommy painting.

 Rocked and taped and ready for paint.

 Painted.

Carpet in and trimmed. A two week job turned into a month. Partially due to the incompetence and what I would term bizarreness of the city inspection department, partially due to the slowness of the electrician that was hired, partially due to some problems we found when I took out the garage door and partially due to the age and infirmness of the old guy doing the work. We could not get a framing inspection until we had an electrical inspection. SAY WHAT!? That's right. And if anyone can tell me the logic behind that one, the drinks are on me. Suppose your framing isn't right and you have do something over? You call the electrician and pay him to undo his stuff, so you can fix your stuff and then have him redo his stuff and pay him for that. And then do need another electrical inspection? Totally insane. Anyway they are still waiting for the final two inspections, so who knows how long that will take as the electrician never called for one. The good news is James has his own room and I think he's pretty happy. Stay tuned, more to come, but right now I need a nap.

1 comment: