Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snowstorm

Most of our snow was gone. The ditches, the woods and some of the fields still had snow, but it was melting.
Today the Boy's High School Basketball Tournament starts. So, guess what?
That's right. SNOWSTORM!
I'm not sure how much we have, because the wind is blowing and it's drifting, but I think we have at least 8 inches and it's still coming down. Yesterday at the feed store the kid that works there asked me if it was supposed to snow during the night. I told him "Yeah, but don't worry cause it won't be much and won't last long". Bet he never asks my opinion again. They closed the schools here today. Gramma's computer for her new job might come today, so I'll have to try and plow, even though I don't want to. Bummer. Should have prepared for the worst. Must be getting old. I had to take the cat food down to the shed cause they couldn't get to the house. Saw brother Kitty's tracks part way to the house and then he turned around and went back. In other news, it looks like the sap run might be over. It's supposed to be cold for a few days and then warm up, but stay warm at night too. That means no more sap. Tapped twice as many trees and we'll end up with less than 1/4 of the sap as last year. :-( No one gets syrup. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment