Because of all the snow we've had it's been harder for the deer and other critters to eat. I told Gramma that I wished I had put a bale out on the West side for them. I needn't have worried.
I have been seeing deer run from behind the shed when I go out to the barn in the morning and wondered if they have been digging through the snow back there looking for something to eat. Nope. They have been helping themselves to the hay in the shed. They're very messy. Hopefully this will help them through the winter.
We bought some wood in Dec. and I wasn't too pleased with it. Found a guy just three miles away and fifteen bucks cheaper per cord, so we thought we would try his wood.
It's all Ash wood and it's terrific. Lasts twice as long as the first cord we bought, so called him back and got three more cords. This should get us through next winter too. Maybe longer. Never used ash before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's really nice wood.
I mentioned that the dogs really like the stove and Heidi will lay with her head under it. So creeping quietly like a tiny mouse I attemted to take a picture of her. I don't know what I did, but this was as close as I got. Maybe next time.
This is how she sleeps on the couch sometimes and is doing so as I write this. Eventually she slides towards the floor until her feet and nose touch the carpet and then she wakes up and looks at you with that "Whaaa happen?" look.
Here she is checking out my new fish house heater. The other one died after 16 years of faithful service and continuous abuse. Another reason I wasn't happy on my last fishing excursion. I'll have to go again so I can test it out.Another dozen eggs. We are happy. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment