Friday, September 24, 2010
Ingrid
Yesterday we had the farrier out. The vet said we needed to have Ingrid's hoofs cut as short as possible in the front. He called it squaring them off. This allows her foot to turn over quicker with less pressure on the toe and therefore less pain. So we waited to give her the pain meds until an hour and a half before Fred came. Even before we gave her the meds she was walking without limping. Yay. She didn't care for the wet hay, so we have been trying to get it somewhat dried out. That helps some I think, but also I think she realizes that she isn't getting anything else and has been cleaning it all up. Anyway she seems to be getting better. We are going to have to keep Aksel off the grass also and feed him the same way or it could happen to him also. Now I need to find some marginal hay and I think we might get a couple of cows so the pasture and good hay don't go to waste. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment