Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hay Time

Putting up hay is an iffy thing. For it to go well you need warm and dry weather, and a little wind helps. Now I said "a little wind" not a lot because that causes it's own problems.
As you can see the hay is as tall as Ingrid.

It's taller than the deer. (That's the hay behind them)This the latest I've ever cut hay. We had good haying weather when the Bayou Family was here, but we were a little busy. After they left for home it started to rain and it's been raining ever since. AccuWeather says starting Sunday we should get a week of no rain. That's about what I need to get the hay done. Now, with the hay this tall I should get more volume but less nutrients. But since the Fjords can get fat just looking at hay, we should be ok. This will give us a little more to give to the Farmer Daughter so she can save a few bucks. So please pray for a week of no rain for us.Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment